February 26, 2010

Finally Over February

Wow!  What a busy month February has been.  My poor sewing machine has been gathering dust for most of the month, as we have hardly been home.  Now that the month is over I have finally gotten around to finishing up my Valentine's Day project just in time to put it in a box to pull out next year.
I haven't yet pressed out the wrinkles or finished the binding, but I think it will look great on our coffee table.  It's 24" square, so it fills the center of our over-sized table.

The hearts and leaves are raw-edged appliqued and I free motioned small hearts in the pink borders and four overlapping hearts in the center.  It's one of my first attempts at free motion quilting and it didn't turn out too bad.  I love the look of free motion quilting and am dying to learn to hand quilt, but haven't yet found anyone in my area to teach me or the time to teach myself.

In the meantime this month I've been keeping myself busy on my lunch breaks by virtual shop hopping.  I found this site http://www.fabshophop.com/ and have spent the month checking out all the quilt shops available on the web.  Even my husband got into trying to find the rabbit hidden within each website.  You can even win prizes!

Now, back to the sewing machine!

3 comments:

  1. You table topper is very sweet, just perfect for Valentine's Day. It's not late, it's early for next year :) Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table topper is lovely, and I'm wishing I could free motion quilt that well! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. Free motion quilting is lots of fun. The red print fabric is my favourite. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete