Today was a nice sunny day, so what better thing to do than drive over the hill and go to one of my favorite shops to search for fabric for the two baby blankets I need to make this month. The first is for my friend in Kansas who is having a baby girl and decorating her room in brown and pink. So bring on the brown and pink! Which also happen to be two of my favorite colors.
The second baby quilt in line is for my co-worker who is having a baby at the begining of May. She and her husband are waiting till it is born to find out if it is a boy or girl, so I have to go gender neutral. It's been a bit of a challenge, but I finally settled on a jungle theme today. She's not much into pastel, so here's what I settled on.
I think it will match most of what they have picked out for their nursery already, I just hope it doesn't look too "boyish" if it turns out to be a girl.
Now which one to work on first?
You've chosen great fabrics for both quilts, and they will be much loved by the babies, and the moms! Even a little girl would love looking at those little animals; cute! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteThose fabrics are fantastic - every single one of them! I don't think the jungle fabrics are too boyish at all and I'm sure any little girl would love them (it may be the only break from frilly pink stuff she gets if her mom is like some I know...mine included!). I look forward to seeing what patterns you choose and how the quilts develop.
ReplyDeleteYour fabric selections will make darling quilts and I'm sure they will both be wonderful. The jungle print and bright colours will be just fine for a girl or a boy. Girls need a dash of bright fun too!
ReplyDeleteThose pinks and browns are stunning. The other fabrics made a very nice quilt too. Ann :-)
ReplyDelete