May 17, 2010

Has it already been two months...

I was looking at the calendar today at work and realized that today is May 17th.  That leaves less than 30 days until the deadline for the scrap challenge that Katie issued.  Yikes!!!!

I guess I better get moving on it.  I do have most of the pieces cut and ready to go, so I will have to buckle down this week and get another few rows of blocks cranked out.

I should know never to take on challenges that end in June, as my job gets very busy in May and June with our work deadline being the end of the fiscal year in June and quilting tends to get pushed to the back burner for a while.  Yet every year I take on at least one or two projects that I must have done in May or June.  This year I have four!  What was I thinking????

Here they are in order of deadline.  (Maybe laying them out like this will help motivate me to get moving along!)

1) Baby quilt for co-worker: 
    Due April 30th
    Status:  Done!!!!




 
2) Baby quilt for friends new baby girl.
    Due: May 16th
    Status:  Some blocks cut.  Still a long way to go!!!
    This one is going to be late.  :-)



 

3) Scrap quilt top.
    Due: June 14th
    Status: About 4 of 25 blocks.
    Might be able to pull this off.







 
4) Ugly fabric challenge.
    Due: July 1st
    Status:  What the heck am I going to do with this????




Hope you all have happy quilting weeks.  I'm going to be busy!

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to write a post and warn everyone that time is getting short for the scrap challenge, but I don't seem to have the time! Maybe tonight...

    What is the ugly fabric challenge? That fabric really does look like a challenge, but I bet if you pair it with some black and blue or pink solids, that will tame it. Pretty is another thing altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have your hands full but the projects are lovely. The pink and brown fabrics are delightful. Perhaps Katie will grant an extension as your scrap block is very striking. That fabric is not ugly. I'd be tempted to use a simple design that lets the pattern do all the work. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely projects and challenges in the works. Good luck, remember to breathe! -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh... someone else who takes on more projects than they have time for..LOL.
    The baby quilt you finished is adorable. I love the fabric for the next baby quilt too.
    Your scrp block is so cool. Can't wait to see it finished and I know you can do it.
    I think your "ugly" fabric is kinda cool. I agree with Ann that something simple would let the fabric do the work.
    Good luck. Keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if you survive all those projects, maybe next you should register for a class to learn to say, "No, not this time!" ---??? *wink* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete