Several weeks ago we had our annual shop hop and boy did I have fun shopping! Here's my loot.
The Michael Miller prints are going to be used in a Debbie Caffrey pattern called Four Patch and Friends with a white background. Most of the patterns were free giveaways by the shops, as well as the loose fat quarters (I love free fabric!). I love the coffee fabrics and will probably do a few table runners out of them. I love the layer cake of Moda Birdie prints. I'm still brainstorming on what I will do with it. And the hexagon paper pieces I was really excited to find. I started a Grandma's Flower Garden project last year, but ran out of hexagons. I like English Paper piecing because I can travel well with it and makes a good project for lunch break at work.
The only problem I am having now is a complete lack of desire to do any quilting. You would think that spending my birthday money on all sorts of fun new things would make me interested in starting a new project, but it has been two weeks and it is has spent all that time sitting in the bag I brought it home in until I pulled it out to take a picture. Any ideas for getting motivated?
Work has been overly long and stressful that last few weeks and I guess I just don't have the energy to even think about pulling out my sewing machine. Thankfully after next week work will calm down and in a few weeks I have a nice long vacation coming!
Ooh, what fun goodies! I love the brown fabrics and the Birdie layer cake. But I know what you mean about coming home with a stack of stuff and then going "now what?". The quilting bug will bite again, just daydream about all you can get done in the upcoming vacation and maybe that will spark something.
ReplyDeleteI think it might be the heat that is draining the motivation out.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a bunch of pretty goodies there, and I think your birthday money was well spent;)
Sometime's when I get stuck, I just start sewing things together that don't take any brain work.
Happy Quilting!!
Nice fabrics and patterns! I have a fat quarter of that green under the navy; wish I had more!
ReplyDeleteWonder what would happen if you tried reverse psychology on quilting? What if you kept telling yourself, "You canNOT quilt right now! You have too much other stuff to do; quilting will have to wait!" I'd bet in two days you'd have a quilt cut out! It has worked for me a time or two. *grin* ---"Love"
Great shop hop goodies. I love shop hops. I really think it mut be something in the air.. several bloggers and some of my non-blogging friends have been suffering from no-sewitis (LOL)
ReplyDeleteSometimes when that happens to me I clean up my sewing room and often a project I had forgotten about calls to me. Sometimes I just do some handwork and that gets me going again. Good luck!
That's a fantastic selection of goodies. Maybe you should leave them on display for a while to inspire you. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteI like Ann's idea, let them sit out so you can see them and play a little as you walk by. I'll bet pretty soon you will just have to start something. All of your goodies are fantastic. I love the fabrics, especially the Moda layer cake. I'm betting those things won't sit idle too long!
ReplyDelete'Skinny Quilts & table runners' sounds interesting, and I love the coffee fabric as well. I am sure that motivation and desire are just around the corner, and you will be quilting again soon.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I was going to send off that pattern for the pincushion for you, but I can't seem to find your email addy anywhere. I have a contact point on my profile you can email me at with your info.
ReplyDeleteHappy quilting!!
Lovely goodies you have there! Don't worry about lack of motivation. It's OK to step back once in a while. Nobody will take a way your quiting license (I think!) :) You'll come back refreshed at some point, bursting with too many ideas! -Joanne
ReplyDelete