October 16, 2010

Finally dusted off my machine!

I pulled out my machine and got something done last night!  It felt so nice, until I had to clean every last thread up and put it back away.


First I got these receiving blankets done out of some flannel I had gotten on sale.  Katie had put a link on her blog for a group that is collecting them.  Amy at Amy's Creative Side and her friend Amy are trying to collect 200 receiving blankets and onsies to send to South Sudan on October 24th.


Then I got working on this little fall wall hanging.  It still needs some work, but it might get done before Fall ends this year.  Considering it didn't get done last fall I think I'm doing good, don't you.

 I would have gotten more done, but I had a constant challenge dealing with this.  We have three bunnies, who usually are more interested in trying to chew my foot pedal chord and distract me from what I'm working on, but last night they decided to empty the closet where we keep all their stuff.  I think they have figured out where we keep the treats and were determined they needed to find them.  My hubby and I were laughing so hard.  The best part was that Kaity Lu, our precocious little lop on the top shelf, decided to become an escape artist last night.  After we went to bed, she figured out how to escape her cage.  We put her back, but this morning we found her out again trying to figure out how to get back into that cabinet. 


Hope you all have a good day!  I'm off the Pacific International Quilt Show in San Jose.  I went last year and have never seen such exquisite quilts in my life.  Excited to see what they have there this year!

11 comments:

  1. Your bunnies are too cute! I have a kitty who knows where the bag of crunchy food is hidden and every so often, the cupboard door isn't shut tight and he weasels his way in...then I have a holey bag of cat food!

    The wall-hanging is looking great - keep working and you'll surely have it done this fall! And the receiving blankets are cute as well. I never thought to round the corners or use decorative stitches to finish them, but you can be sure I'll consider that if I make another batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bunnies are so cute. Made me laugh seeing them dumping the contents of the cabinet looking for treats.
    Love how you did the blankets. They look so sweet. You are really making progress on your fall pumpkins too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fall wall hanging is really cute, keep working to finish it so you can enjoy it hanging on your wall! I love the pile of pumpkins. Your bunnies are very cute, too. Sounds like they keep you busy. The baby blancets turned out great, someone is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post, what cheeky little bunnies live at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress --- whether yours or the bunnies' --- is being made! Wish I could say the same! I too love the baby blankets! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your projects and those bunnies are so cute and smart too! Love your blog! I found you through the FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have bunnies like I have a cat...that's cool;) It's interesting just how intelligent our pets can be;)
    Glad you got some sewing done, and enjoy the quilt show;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw your post on my blog about the fabric!!! Thank you sooooo much!!
    I tried to email you via your link on your profile, but my computer isn't cooperating. Here is my email addy: seventhsister26@gmail.com
    I'll check my inbox again soon;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea bunnies could be so naughty and so clever! Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bunnies are adorable and clever. (What a combination.) The wall hanging looks great, and the receiving blankets will be much appreciated.
    Great work!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wall hanging is looking great...keep chipping away at it and it will be finished before you know it! The blanket is lovely and will be appreciated, I'm sure. As for the rabbits....they are very cute and cheeky. I had five babies and their mother in my classroom for a day last year and had no idea what appealing pets they make....or how cuddly they are!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete