Patchwork Times is hosting a UFO challenge and today Judy picked number #1 for the month of March. Number 1 on my list is my Snowmen placemats! I think March's UFO selection is strangely ironic as this weekend it snowed here for the first time in several decades Not quite enough to actually make a snowman, but still, appropriate that my snowmen placemats are the project of the month!
These snowmen placemats were started three years ago as a Christmas gift for someone (I can't remember who). After making four I decided I needed to expand the set to six and keep them for myself. Four are mostly done. The goal for the month is to finish the last two. Here's where they stand now.
All that is needed is to finish some of the quilting/applique and bind them. Shouldn't be too hard! I also want to add black buttons or beads for eyes and buttons on all the snowmen on. I'm so excited for this month since I've really wanted an applique project to work on. Now to get quilting!
Your placemats are really cute! You should have no problem finishing up the last two. Looks to me as if they are nearly done! Have you considered expanding the blocks into a quilt at sometime in the future? I love snowmen, LOL.
ReplyDeleteLiri
Very cute placemats! But I'd be cringing at the thought of working on something so wintry with spring just around the corner. (Of course, in the past month, we've had something like 30 inches of snow, so I'm a little sick of the white stuff.)
ReplyDeleteCute! Cute! Next Christmas you will be so glad that you finished, and kept, those placemats! They would look great under my old solid white Centura dishes! *grin* ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteI love snowmen, any time of year and yours are so cute! They will be great next Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThis UFO looks doable;) I think they are adorable;) And to think....one step closer to having stuff done for Christmas;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
Its a two-fer. A UFO and a Christmas project. The snowmen are so cute. Glad you are finishing them for yourself.
ReplyDelete