For some reason I love this fabric!
A few weeks ago I bought a bit and tried out Me and My Sisters Designs free pattern Sweet Treats Bag. The pattern is designed for a honey bun, but I used just this fabric. Here's the finished bag.
So handy for throwing all my toiletries in for traveling! And it went together super fast! (Which is good, because it's all I've had time for lately.) I would definitely recommend this pattern.
After looking at the bag for a few weeks, I decided I need a quilt with this fabric. I just love it! So I decided to make a disappearing nine patch with these fabrics.
I got all the blocks started during the Friday Night Sew In but not enough to have any pictures. I'm finally feeling motivated to pull my machine out and get working on something. Now those UFOs that's another story for another day.
It's fabulous! Not surprised you want to make a quilt. Feel the lurve! ann :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for falling in love with that fabric! It is beautiful and will look good whatever you decide to use it for!
ReplyDeleteLiri
Cute bag, though not a fabric I'm sure I'd fall in love with. But I am constantly falling in love with fabrics, so much that I hate to cut into some of them once I get them home! I look foward to seeing the quilt come together - and I'm glad to hear it's motivated you!
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is beautiful! Sadly (for my wallet) I fall in love with too many fabrics. LOL
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your quilt with this great fabric.
Now those are my colors! The pink and aqua appear to be the same or very similar fabrics as in my Summer Sherbet pinwheels from a while back. I love paisleys too! Can't wait to see what you do with them. The bag turned out beautifully! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteHaving grown up in the 60's, I love the paisley and the colors are gorgeous! The bag is so very pretty, too. I can hardly wait to see what the quilt will look like! I wouldn't usually choose this type of fabric for a quilt, but this one is a winner. Have fun with it!
ReplyDelete