February 12, 2012

Cutting, and cutting, and cutting some more!

Last week I decided to finally go use the $100 gift certificate that I won on a shop hop back in July.  I've been so good about refraining from buying too much new fabric in recent months, that it was almost a challenge.  I did say almost.

I bought fabric for 2 new quilts!  So excited!  

I brought them home and have spent most of the last week cutting... and cutting... and cutting.  There are 1108 pieces in the pattern I'm going to make.  Yikes!  I know I cut them all, plus some extras just in case.  I'll post the pattern once I get a block or two done, hopefully very soon!

No work on this months UFO yet, but I have been working ahead on UFO #6.  

5 comments:

  1. 1108 only? Maybe make two?! Ha ha ha! I love the colors and can't wait to see what this will be. Something beautiful, I'm sure, considering all the other projects you've shown. I can't believe you let that gift certificate go so long, though. It would have been burning a hole in my pocket from the minute I knew I'd won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been good! I would have used that gift certificate in minutes. LOL
    That is a lot of cutting. I look forward to seeing what these pretty pieces will turn into.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1108 pieces cut? Oh me! I'd panic, and probably lose half of them, but you have them organized very nicely. Except for the green, the colors are very similar to those in my recent Scripture quilts. I love them! Can't wait to see how they will go together. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are so pretty, I am anxious to see your quilt! Have fun with it. How did you manage to wait so long to spend a gift certificate on fabric?

    ReplyDelete