March 24, 2012

Not much sewing going on around here

I have to admit, this week there has not been much thought on sewing.  I blame that on The Hunger Games.  My husband read the first book in The Hunger Games series a few months ago and since the movie was coming out he wanted to go see it.  Honestly, I had no desire to read a book that involved people killing each other.  But in good spirits on Sunday night I decided to dig in and read it.  Being a young adult book I figured I could get it finished by this weekend in time to go see the movie.  Boy was I wrong!  I finished all three books by Thursday night and went and saw the movie last night.  Loved them all!

Needless to say, that has left very little time for sewing this week, but I did get moving on my star quilt.  (I really need to come up with a name for this!)



I think it's going to be a really fun quilt when I'm done, but boy does it have a lot of small pieces.  (Sorry, the lighting on this today is terrible, but it's pouring rain outside with no end in sight, so that's as good as it's going to get this week.)

6 comments:

  1. It's so pretty and bright - perfect for a dreary rainy day! I've heard much about The Hunger Games and it's making me curious. I didn't realize they are young adult books, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt so far, can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt you have going there;) Can't wait to see some more on it;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be one pretty and cheerful quilt! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors. It is going to be beautiful.
    It seems like I am hearing about the "Hunger Games" everywhere all of a sudden. I might have to get those books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: I just have to comment on your response to the Hunger Games triology...I read the first one out of professional curiosity (the old teacher librarian in me had to find out what the hoopla was all about) Well, I was hooked! I finished all three in the series in a matter of a few days. They were extremely well written and the characters were so real I was sad to see the series end! How was the movie? And by the way...your pretty little star quilt is looking bright and cheerful, just in time for spring!

    ReplyDelete