September 22, 2012

First Modern Quilt

I've been busy, I just haven't been blogging, so I'm going to try and play catch up the next few days.

Remember last month when I couldn't find my quilting gloves, so I decided to start a new project?  Here it is.

My first attempt at a modern style quilt.  Finished it is 48" square.  I don't plan to add borders to it, juts finish it with a purple binding.  

Here's the backing (it still needs to be ironed out).  It's also the first time, I have pieced a backing, but I wanted to make it more interesting.  
I don't know if I'm sold on modern quilts yet, but this one was fun and super fast.  I think I might end up being sent to my sister and her husband.  I bought batting last week, so the plan is to get it quilted sometime in the next week or two.  We'll see how motivated I get.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not always sold on modern quilts yet either, but I do think yours is very pretty! White always sets the colors off beautifully, and gives the eyes a place to rest, which I love! Very nice! --"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That went quick. And came out great. Love the colors.
    Did you find your gloves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting idea, but I really love the back!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete