For Christmas I received the book Once upon a time in X-Blocks Land. It has some darling patterns that I have been dying to try out. All the patterns are simple blocks cut at angles using an angled ruler. I picked up some pastel fabrics while on sale earlier this month to make a crib sized quilt that I will donate or save for a gift.
The first pattern I picked from the book is called Once Upon a Dream (they all have fairy tale related names). It is composed of simple 9 patch blocks that I then cut using the template ruler to create square blocks on point.
The result once they are all put together with borders is this!
Now what to do with the quilting????
How lovely! Even more so because it is a simple quilt that looks so much more complicated. I have to start accumulating more fancy rulers! -Joanne
ReplyDeleteQuite an interesting quilt! I've never seen a nine patch done like that, and I do like it! Thanks for sharing. Lovely fabrics too!---"Love"
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through one of the other APQ blog lists, so welcome! You probably know more about us than we know about you, but I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your projects. I like what I've seen so far! The X Blocks book and ruler - I bought that on a shop hop this summer and love about everything in the book...unfortunately, my budget does not! Katie
ReplyDeleteThat's clever! You'll have lots of fun with this. Cheers, Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteHi, you commented on my blog so I racked you down. I used to just read theblogs on APQ also and finally took the plunge. It is so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI like your quilt, I have seen the x block but didn't really understand how it was made until I read your post.
Can't wait to see what you are workng on now. Beth