May 22, 2010

Scrap Quilt Progress

So, after plugging away with the Friday Night Sew In... here is the progress on my scrap quilt. 

Ok, so I didn't quite get the whole top finished, but it's getting a lot closer.  It more than double in size overnight!  I didn't think I would like making a scrap quilt, but it's actually been a lot of fun and I'm enjoying seeing it coming together.  A second quilt might be in the makings soon.


Several of you have asked where the pattern came from and my apologies for not responding.  The pattern came from the February/March issue of Quilt Magazine.  Since I was using it as a scrap pattern, I adapted the pattern a bit by putting the foundation pattern into EQ and shrinking the block down so that a finished block is ten inches (the original has a finished block size of 13.5").  I figured I had a lot of small scraps that would only be useable if I had a bit smaller blocks. 

7 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt this is turning out to be! -Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great way to use scraps...


    www.craftedangles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved geometric-looking quilts, and that one surely fills that bill! You've really made a lot of progress overnight. I need to do that instead of being on the computer so much! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Fabulous! Wow! I love your scrappy version of this quilt. I have that magazine and didn't realise how big the orignal blocks were. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrap quilt is looking great! I'm not much of a scrap quilter myself, so this challenge challenged me, too. I'm not a convert yet, but I'm glad to know you're enjoying it and not saying naughty words at me for issuing the challenge! This quilt is going to be goergous when you finish it and I always think it's fun to look at scrap quilts and remember where the fabrics came from originally. It's a nice trip down quilting memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.. I love this quilt. I'm going to have to go back to my magazines and check that one out. I really like your scraps verson. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have that magazine! I like your scrappy version better:) You got a lot done during sew in. Can't wait to see this one done.

    ReplyDelete