November 20, 2010

Taking a break for some sewing...

We've been in full blown moving mode for two weeks now.  We've had a yard sale, packed boxes and boxes of book and decorations and more.  The living room is a disaster and there is still two weeks before we close on our condo.

Needless to say the last thing I have wanted to do is pull out my sewing machine and make more of a mess, but in honor of the Friday Night Sew-In and my need for some down time I did just that. 

A couple weeks ago I was looking through an old magazine and found this tree quilt pattern.  I pulled out my scraps and found enough to put these three blocks together to make a wall hanging.  The garlands are all glass beads that I've had a fun time putting on at night, without making any more of a  mess of the house. 

Last night I got the binding attached and sewn.  This has to be the first project I have finished in ages.  I'm next going to work on getting the flowers hand appliqued onto my pink and brown quilt.  I must say moving is helping getting some things finished!

6 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas wall hanging. Good for you for taking a bit of down time amid the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall hanging is adorable! Glad you found time to do a small project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas tree wall hanging. All the work will be worth it when you are finally in your new condo. Good luck.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little wall hanging is adorable, I love the beads you strung for the trees. With your move so close to Christmas, you can put this up right away while you are unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! what was the name of the mag? I might have to e-bay and find it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous wall hanging. I remember a few years ago when I was moving I managed to knit a garter stitch scarf while the removalists were packing! Thank goodness for fuzzy yarn and fat needles!
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete