December 10, 2010

When life gets you down...make dresses!

The closing on our new condo has been delayed multiple times at this point.  It's been more than a headache to say the least.  We thought were were going to close last week, but no.  And just when we thought we finally got everything together to close today, the bank lost our mortgage.  Not the paperwork, the actual money.  Honestly, how does a bank loose a mortgage?

After several hours of work today we think that we have found it.  Instead of transferring the money to the title company, they sent it to the sellers bank and since this happens to be a foreclosure, the sellers bank is the seller.  We have been waiting for them to sign the papers to close on the property since Monday and since Monday they have had all our mortgage money.  No wonder they weren't signing the papers!  I'm beginning to wonder it if is all really worth it and then I go back and look at the pictures of my soon to be sewing room and can't wait for this to be over.

After three very stressful weeks I'm starting to go through sewing withdrawals.  The fact that all my stuff has been sitting in boxes for over two weeks now is not helping either.  My one saving grace this week was that my sewing machine is not packed, so when the ladies from my old church were looking for volunteers to help with their mission trip to Haiti later this month I was so there!


We spent a good five or six hours making pillowcase dresses for them to take with them.  It was so much fun and we completed over 200 of them.  If you've never seen these pillowcase dresses made from new or gently used pillowcases, then you are missing out.  They were so cute, and supper easy.  Sorry, the pictures aren't the best.  I forgot my camera, so took these at the end of the night with my cell phone.  Isn't this one with the buttons adorable?  I can't wait to make some more of these for my friends' little ones.

My parents are in town, so no sewing this weekend.  They were suppose to be here to help move us into our new place, but since clearly that isn't going to happen we will be going to plan B and headed out sightseeing for the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. The little dresses are adorable and to have made so many, that is fantastic! I can just picture little girls getting new dresses. Something that sounds so simple can make such a difference.

    Sorry to hear of the headaches with the closing on your condo. Especially since it keeps you in limbo for so long. Hope they have things straighted out and you can be in your new sewing room soon! Hang in there, it can only get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Good luck with the bureaucracy, I hope all is settled soon. Nice job with the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds very frustrating. Hang in there -- you'll have your sewing room soon.

    The dresses are adorable. A lot of little girls will be thrilled to receive them.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little dresses are so cute. I've heard of them, but this is the first time I've seen them.

    I hope you get to close soon. I can imagine how frustrating it is to live out of boxes while wondering if the banks will get their stuff together for you. Keep sewing to keep your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is hoping that you close Monday and get to set up your new condo and the sewing room.

    The dresses are so cute. And 200 of them, wow! That is a lot of happy little girls.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete