As my husband has been reminding me for the last couple of weeks, March means that it is time for March Madness...as in three weeks of college basketball on TV any time we are home. Ok, not quite that bad, but he is a former college basketball player and coach, so he loves the tournament. I play along and set up my bracket each year with him. I must brag that I have beat him 3 of the last 4 years on pure luck (I don't really know anything about the teams, I just pick the ones I like.)
So, in honor of March Madness I finished this table topper just in time. He can now set all his basketball snacks on this while he watches the game.
The hubby actually started this project himself back when he decided he wanted to learn to quilt. He got most of it done and did rather well until he decided quilting wasn't his thing. (I have to admit, I was glad to not have to babysit him anymore and get back to working on my own projects.) We found the basketball fabric and textured fabric on a shop hop several years ago. In hind sight, I wish I had bought about 3 yards of each at the time, but oh well.
So, last week he asked if I would finish it in time of March Madness. I said of course, but jokingly added that flowers and chocolate would significantly motivate me to get it done faster. So, here's what he brought home Friday night.
Now, how can you not finish a project for that kind of motivation?
That'd do it for me! A super topper for basketball treats. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that he did that! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd the basketball quilt is way fun.
Cute table topper! Flowers & chocolate was a pretty good payment for finishing a small quilt. Yes, there are many times when we wish we would have bought more of a certain fabric. But how are we to know at the time?
ReplyDeleteLOL, you have one smart hubby! The table topper is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLiri
Okay, wait a second here, let me take this all in... Your hubby wanted to learn to quilt AND bought you flowers and chocolate? Now THAT is a keeper! The little table-topper is great and I love the stitching to make the round piece look just like a basketball.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetheart you have. Of course with flowers and chocolate he can't go wrong. It is great he wanted to learn to quilt and even though he has decided it is not for him, I'm sure he has gained an appreciation for something you enjoy. The basketball tabletopper is wonderful and perfect for him to enjoy during the game. Great job!
ReplyDeleteYes, pretty good motivation there :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great table topper, and how lucky you are to have such a smart hubby. You must be a cute couple -- we know from previous posts that you are somewhat short and your husband is obviously somewhat tall (as a former basketball player).
ReplyDeleteSandy
Great tabletopper. Love the basketball. The tulips look so pretty and chocolate.....always good.
ReplyDeleteAh, the things we quilters might do for chocolate! Right? The cute table topper will last, but you might remind him the flowers and chocolate were expendable! *wink* ---"Love"
ReplyDelete