March 25, 2011

March UFO Completed!

The snowmen are all done! Well mostly.  I haven't decided what to use, if anything for eyes and buttons on these guys, so they are going to season for a while till I decide. I'm not sure that I want to use buttons or bead since I'm afraid heavy dishes might crack them, so I might do sequence or fabric paint. I just can't decide, so for now they are done.

I'm so excited for Christmas to roll around next year so I can have our table dressed up like this!


Of course, if you were paying attention I already had four completed, so just to prove that I did finish of the other two, here's all six lined up. Our current table isn't large enough to have six people at this point...but I'm preparing ahead.



It's a little strange finishing these the first week of Spring, but then again the last week has felt more like winter. We got a major storm through yesterday, and lets just say after wading through two feet of water to rescue my car from the flash flood that overtook our parking lot at work, I'm so ready for spring. (And I have a new appreciation for the sign in our parking lot that says "AREA SUBJECT TO FLOODING".)

There is a planter box on the porch of our new place that was dead when we moved in, but has sprung up with lots of bulbs in the last few weeks. I can't wait to see what flowers will come next!

13 comments:

  1. The placemats are awesome! Congrats on your finish. We've had winter-like weather here, too, but instead of flash floods, it's been freezing rain. Let's hope by the time we're reporting on April UFOs, the weather has improved significantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! They are really cute, and are more wintery than Christmassy so they could come out as early as November. So, what is next for you?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love them! They are just perfect! Make sure you show us pictures of the planter boxes.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if you could embroider eyes and buttons with a satin stitch, by hand, just through the top and batting; not going through to the back?
    Hope Spring does get to your area soon! It's almost summer here now --- like 80 degrees! But I love it; I'm not complaining! I'm totally ready for Spring! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my....good thing you got to your car in time!
    The placemats look wonderful;) And what better time to get them done....just before the snow melts;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowmen are so very cute! I usually still have holiday UFOs from the last year way into the new year. I have started referring to some things as being on the three year plan.
    I am looking forward to actual spring weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, I love snowmen and these are awesome! I am just starting a winter/Christmas quilt for next year, so work on whatever season you want, it will come around again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't it feel wonderful to know you are one step closer to Christmas. Love your placemats. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! It will be so nice to pull those out, all cute and fun, when that time rolls around again, sooner than you think. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your placemats. Of course I love anything that has snowmen on them. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The placemats are really cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute placemats...great finish!

    ReplyDelete