So, since I'm into starting new projects this month, here's my latest.
Last month a friend of mine had a little girl. They decided not to find out before hand if it was a boy or girl, so they decorated the nursery all out in monkeys. When I saw this fabric last week, I knew I had to make her a quilt.
Last night our quilt show had a sew in and I got a bunch of it put together. Here's a sneak peak at what it will look like. I should have the top put completely together to share by tomorrow sometime.
I haven't made any progress on my other few projects, but it's been nice to have some fun things to work on, even if I am starting a few at once. This is the start of the most stressful time of the year at work for me, so quilting has been my evening escapes. Hopefully I will have some finished tops to show soon.
The monkeys are adorable! That will be a great baby quilt, can't wait to see the progress!
ReplyDeleteToo cute;) And bunches of fun;) I agree that starting a new project (or three) can be stress relieving when the rest of the world demands so much logic to keep it going;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
A monkey nursery sounds like fun, and your monkey fabric is adorable! I can't wait to see the completed top.
ReplyDeleteSandy
Those monkeys are adorable. They just scream to be made into a baby quilt! I look forward to seeing more of how it goes together.
ReplyDeleteCute, cute! And you could name it "Monkeys in A Cage"! Can't wait to see the whole quilt! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteOh, all the little monkeys, LOL! Love the fabric. Quilting projects can keep you sane and alert during stress times at work.
ReplyDeleteLiri
Don't those monkeys just make you smile? Perfect for a baby quilt. Can't wait to see it all together.
ReplyDeleteCute monkeys! It's a terrific design for a new baby. I like you other quilt too and that book is going on my wish list. Ann :-)
ReplyDelete