May 14, 2011

A Diversion...

I have officially resigned to the fact that my UFO project for the month just isn't going to happen.  I keep thinking about starting on it, but can't seem to find the motivation.  Unfortunately, May and June are really stressful and busy months at work and I have a bunch of very detailed projects.  My UFO for the month has all these templates and just require more brain power than I am willing to give them.

So, since yesterday was my birthday I indulged in a new project. 

One that requires very little brain power.  Here it is so far.  I worked hard last night!  :-)

It's based on the book Strip Tubing by Cozy Quit Designs.  It is super easy and is super fast.  I used a Grasshopper Bali Pop.  I am becoming a huge fan of Bali Pops!





There's still a few more rows I'd like to add but I think the final design is going to look something like this.

It's amazing how many different combinations you can make with these blocks.  Here's all the patterns they give in the book.  I've been playing with the layout and still not completely sure what the plan is.  Which ones do you like?

9 comments:

  1. I like all of them, and I love the blocks that you have completed. This is going to be a very pretty quilt.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fabrics and fun design. The asymmetric setting is a nice unexpected touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one you're doing! Also like the one in the bottom middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it already! The color, the pattern, the lay-out! And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have been reading about this quilting mojo loss quite a bit. I am in the same frame of mind. Want to quilt, but just don't feel like it. So, instead, I have been finishing up small projects and getting rid of stuff. Funny how that happens, huh? Love the quilt. It looks way too easy for such stunning results. Right up my alley at this time.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I like your off-center layout best, but maybe it's because I get to see it in color. Enjoy your new project. Sometimes it's more about getting into the sewing room and doing anything than finishing something you didn't want to do in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is really pretty! I like the layout you are using and I like the one in the bottom, middle, too. It sounds like this is a much better project during heavy workload time. You should have fun quilting, not stress over a project. The UFO one will just be moved to another spot on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the one you are doing....it is visually interesting. I have seen those bali pops, but have yet to indulge;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hard time not scooping up those bali pops in every color. I just love seeing all those pretty batiks together.
    Love what you are doing. I was going to say that I couldn't picka favorite layout, but I can...the one you arfe doing is so interesting and I think shows off all the great colors.
    The UFO can be a UFO a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete