Here's the seven I completed way back when.
There are five left. Not too difficult in theory, although I had forgotten how large the blocks were. 16" each! They hardly fit onto my design wall as is. The photo on the right is what they should all look like when completed. The colored ones have been completed. It looks like I have the hard ones left.
My goal for the month is just to get the remaining blocks finished. I don't know what I am going to do with them beyond that, so the blocks being done is a finish enough for me this month!
The blocks and plan look really nice. I got in a thing like that many years ago, and my blocks are still waiting to be put together. At least yours have the quarter-inch seam allowance on the outside points; mine don't! I think you'll be surprised what a pretty quilt top you will have by the end of May! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteOh wow - they are super! Great contrast. Funny how a projects can get *left behind*. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteOooh, nice and bright! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLiri
Very striking with the black in there. But I'm not sure the hardest ones are left - some of those you have together have a LOT of points to match up! And 5 blocks should be no sweat. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is nice and vibrant! And with bigger projects, it's perfectly sensible to insert "section" breaks for finishes, like "all blocks finished," "quilt top all together," "quilted and bound." I think it's better to do this and take a break from that project between the goals - keeps you fresh on it so you don't accept lowering levels of workmanship just to push through to the total finish.
ReplyDelete(hmm. . . working on a humongous term project for a graduate class, sorry for the Word lingo)
What interesting blocks! I have never seen anything like this before, and I am really looking forward to seeing the remaining blocks. My favourite has to be the yellow and black spools.
ReplyDeleteSandy
Great job on the blocks. I really like the contrast between the colors and thew black. It is very striking.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all the blocks finished.
It can be fun to come back to an old UFO. It's all fresh again! Have fun with the remaining 5 blocks.
ReplyDeleteWow, these are wonderful! Once you have them done it will be easier to get them together into a quilt. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete