So I promised a picture of my Monkey Quilt last month, but it's taken me until now to get the top put together. So...here it is!
It's about 40 inches square...my favorite baby quilt size.
![]()
It's a little hard to see in this picture, but I also included bow ties in a few of the blocks. I got the pattern for the bow ties from the current issue of Quilt Almanac 2011 which is a great issue!
The idea of the bow-ties is to be able to attach small toys for babies directly to the quilt like this.
![]()
It was a little awkward to get the blocks set up right, but I think it will be fun when it's done! Now to get it quilted and bound sometime very soon.
What a neat idea --- the bow ties! I'm sure any baby would love having a toy that wasn't getting out of reach all the time. Monkey Tumble is so bright an cheerful; great job! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteGreat colours, and what a neat idea.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I've never seen the bowties before. Cute idea! love the monkeys. :D
ReplyDeleteVery cute;) Baby quilts are always fun;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
Very colorful and a really cute pattern!
ReplyDeleteLiri
I like that bowtie idea - even without the toys attached, I bet the touchy texture would be fun for a baby. Super cute quilt, too!
ReplyDeleteThe monkey quilt is so cute!!! Love the bight fun colors. Great idea on the bowties.
ReplyDelete