Happy belated Independence Day, for those of you who live in the US and celebrate the 4th of July. For the rest of you, happy !
We had a busy weekend with 13 people over to BBQ and watch fireworks. Our new place has the perfect view of the city's fireworks, so it was a lot of fun!
When we decided to have people over for the 4th I realized that I didn't have a single patriotic quilt in my whole collection. Clearly this had to be rectified, so I pulled out a pattern I had gotten a few years ago and whipped up this little American Sue in a few hours. It went so fast!
It's only 16" wide, but makes a perfect addition over my front hall table. I'm thinking I might have to design a few more Sunbonnet Sue patterns for other holidays to grace this spot. If you are interested in this pattern, it is free online at Sentimental Stitches.
In other news, I found out I won a prise from the shop hop I participated in. I won $100 gift card to my favorite shop of the group. I'm so excited to go pick it up next week. It was very welcome news as I've had a crazy couple of weeks and work is just insane right now. One of my co-workers actually started yelling at me today after I spent most of yesterday working on a project for him to help him with his work load.
I was not happy, but thankfully I have an amazing boss who told me to go work out of the office the rest of the day, so it turned out to be a pretty nice day and I got a lot done. It was also nice to hear that even if I got nothing else done between now and our yearly deadline of next Friday that he would still be more than happy with me. It's taken a little of the stress off, but I'm hoping to work some more time in this week to quilt. I sure do need a good stress relief session.
I have been trying to keep up with everyone's blogs the last few weeks, but forgive me if I haven't been commenting much. I promise to be better after next Friday!
What a cute little project. I can visualize little American Sue in a number of different settings. Good luck with the co-worker.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I love this Sue! sorry about the office drama. :/ Some people are real jerks.
ReplyDeleteThat really turned out cute! Sorry about the coworker. Sounds like he is under even more stress than you. Be kind! I think you were in the wrong place at just the wrong time. Thank goodness you have such an understanding boss. They are few and far between.
ReplyDeleteLiri
I love your little flag with "Sue"; she always leaves one with a happy feeling! Hang in there on the job! Even the yellers realize sooner or later how useless such actions are! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteVery cool little project;) Sometimes they can be the most fun;)
ReplyDeleteStress at work.....i think things are getting to people. It's good that you have a boss that will work with you;)
Happy Quilting!!
Sweet project! I think holiday Sues would be a great idea since you have a place to show them off. I hope work settles down some - a coworker actually yelling at you sounds terrible, but it sounds like your boss is a great guy, which can make a ton of difference. Go find some quilty time to destress! :)
ReplyDelete