August 7, 2011

On Order...One Baby Quilt...by Thursday

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I haven't pulled my sewing machine out in days.  But I am ready for a project.  I just might have bit off more than I can chew on this one.

We went to visit my MIL this weekend and she casually mentioned that my husbands niece is having a baby shower next Sunday.  I probably should have kept my mouth shut at that point but instead what came out was "I need to make her a baby quilt!"  Did I mention the shower is on Sunday?  On top of that I'm headed out of town on Friday, which means I have to get it in the mail by Thursday to have any hope of having it at the shower.  Sometimes I just need to learn to say less, but what fun would that be.

Luckily she is having a boy and I have been dying to make a boy's quilt.  I picked up fabric on the way home today and will be frantically quilting to get it done in the next three days.  Here's what I picked up.
  Needless to say, I will be using a simple pattern and wish me luck that I can find the time to get it done by Thursday without staying up all night.

7 comments:

  1. I love your soft-looking, sweet fabric. With a simple pattern, I'm sure you will have a cute little boy quilt sewn and in the mail by your deadline. Good luck.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric will make a lovely quilt for baby. Talk about a tight deadline - time to start stitching! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric for a little boy! I know what you mean about saying too much...sometimes it's just hard to turn them down. I'm sure it will be loved - good luck with the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me many, many years to learn to keep my mouth shut and not volunteer too much. Best of luck with it, I'm sure you will get it done. Your fabrics are very cute, can't wait to see the quilt all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute fabrics! I have no doubt you will get it together in time! Sew, sew, sew! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable fabrics! I know you can get it done. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete