March 3, 2012

I've been busy...

Shopping!

Last weekend was the local quilt guild's annual show.  I got to go (twice) with several quilting friends and had a blast!  I also shopped...a lot!  I think I probably stocked up enough new projects to furnish an entire UFO list for 2013.  I'm going to need to start spending a lot more time quilting to get some of these done!

Here's some fun things I bought!

These half yard cuts were $3 each.  That's a steal for fabric around here.  (Usually $11 per yard!)  I love the black and green!

I fell in love with this kit!  Do you see the octopus in the pattern? 

I love this fabric selection!  The pattern is designed by a company that customizes patterns for 8 fat quarters and sells packs of coordinating fabric.  It's my favorite both every year. 

This is other fabric I bought.  The lady bug fabric is going to be place mats for my niece.  She's turning three and we bought her a tea set for her birthday.  

The tonga treat was only $28.  I actually hate to color orange.  (I know most of you really like orange, but I have a really hard time with it.  I think it comes from growing up in Colorado and wearing way to much blue and orange Bronco's gear as a kid.)  I like this tonga treat though and I think it's going to work perfect for a project I've wanted to do for a while. One of my friends is an amazing hand embroiderer.

  
I saw this pattern and thought it might be fun to learn how to do hand embroidery.  (Like I need more projects!)


 This book just came out and has some adorable quilts on English Paper Piecing.  I picked it up as well as a bunch of new sizes of English Paper Piecing templates.

Lastly, I picked up this new book.  It is all machine paper pieced patterns in both 10" blocks as well as 4" blocks.


Anyone think this will keep me busy for a while?

7 comments:

  1. Sew, sew, sew! You can do it! What a great selection of projects and fabrics you have. I love orange, but I think it's because so many others HATE it. Or maybe because it's bright and cheerful and everyone in my state seems hooked on blue and yellow (much to my dismay, as I'm truly a green and white gal - kindergarten through college and a job beyond!) so I've not been overstimulated with it! I particularly love the lime and black and can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose some beautiful projects, enough to keep you very busy! You have some beautiful fabrics and the patterns are so cute. I love the octopus one and the snowmen. I enjoy doing some embroidery now and then, have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic haul of goodies from the quilt show. Still, it would be madness not to take advantage of a bargain. It's going to be fun seeing the projects come together. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough resisting all those vendors at quilt shows, isn't it? We'll see how I do next Friday at the Dallas show! I'm going to try to be stronger than you were --- maybe! *grin* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the shopping opportunities at quilt shows. :o) Thanks for sharing, good luck with all of your 2013 UFO's. I mean, 2012 finishes!! :o) Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green/black/white fabrics and can really see a cute quilt out of that. Far as the rest? You go, girl! I am sure each project will turn out just as you have it pictured. Wish I could come in person and give you a "hand" with the embroidery!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic shopping spree! I agree with Katie, I especially love the black and lime. The cottages look like fun. (It all looks like fun!)
    I just bought that book with the paper piecing in it too.
    AH well, at least we stay out of trouble while we are sewing right? ;)

    ReplyDelete