I pulled it out last week and it went together so quick! (Of course it's only about 24" x 36" so that's not saying too much.) My plan was to get it quilted and bound over the weekend.
I got all the basting pins in, picked out a free motion quilting design that I was determined to try out no matter how bad I thought I would be at it, reached into the drawer to pull out my quilting gloves, but the gloves were gone! No bueno!
I searched and searched and searched, but they are nowhere to be found. So here the UFO sits, unquilted.
I will probably break down and buy a new pair on Friday, but it put a big dampener in my plan to have this months UFO complete by now. But, since I couldn't finish the UFO I did what any quilter does in this situation...I started a new project!
Starting a new project is the best therapy there is! I like this quilt, though, so I hope you do either find those gloves or get some new ones soon.
ReplyDeleteLook in all your closets and the bathroom. That's where I usually find my husband's wallet! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLiri
Starting a new project sounds like a great solution to your missing gloves problem! *grin* No doubt they will re-appear right after you buy new ones! Have fun anyway. ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteHey - do you have kitchen sink gloves on hand? I saw someone say they use those to quilt with and that they work great. Might be worth a try if you don't want to buy new gloves in case the others reappear.
ReplyDeleteI love it that instead of wrrying over your gloves, you started a new project!
ReplyDelete