Remember this quilt I was desperately trying to finish before my house flooded. It's a great thing that I finished it up! Every year our local quilt shop does a challenge. The goal is to use the 1/4 yard of "ugly" fabric that they provide in some sort of project. (They pick the fabric using bolts they have had in stock for a long time and haven't sold.) For the months of June and July they hang the finished projects in the store and let customers vote for their favorites.
My quilt won the best use of the fabric! With it I won $100 gift certificate to the quilt shop. How fun is that! I already spent some of it picking up border fabric for the quilt I just finished up.
My favorite part of this quilt is still the back. I love these little space aliens!
I really wish this quilt looked as good in the photos as it does in real life. It finished at about 36" by 44" and the borders really are straight despite how this picture looks. It really makes you dizzy looking at the photos doesn't it!
The "ugly" fabric was the fabric used in the pinwheel blocks. I used the x-blocks tool to make the pinwheels and was really surprised to hear people telling me how the loved that I fussy cut the fabric to make the pinwheel blocks. It's deceptive because there was definitely no fussy cutting involved in this quilt. I love it when things turn out looking way more complicated than they really are. Now to go spend more money on fabric!
That was considered ugly fabric? Not in my opinion. I really like it and you did a fabulous job on that quilt and really deserved to win!
ReplyDeleteLiri
How fun to win~! You did a great job with that fabric.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm not surprised at all that you won best use of the fabric. I love how it worked out for you! Very interesting fabric, and also an interesting pattern! Have fun spending your money! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!! Congrats on the great win. Lots of fun winning $$ for more fabric.
ReplyDeleteWhat happened in your house? Is it all ok now?
That's awesome!! And you get fabric money???? Nice;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
Congratulations on the win, your quilt is amazing! What fun to have money to buy more fabric, too!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a fantastic win! It's a great quilt (and yes, it does look busier when you squish it down to a computer-sized photo) and deserved to win. Now enjoy spending your loot. (And you'd better share what you won on the blog so we can all live vicariously through your shopping spree!)
ReplyDelete