September 23, 2012

August's UFO Finally Finished

Well, I didn't find my quilting gloves, but I did buy new ones.  As a result, August's UFO finally got finished.  It's found a new home on my coffee table.

 I've been nervous to try too much free motion quilting on my own.  I usually finish most quilts by stitching in the ditch (which I actually really like and am fairly good at), but this quilt needed something more interesting.  He're the close up of the quilting I chose.  


It is essentially a bunch of small meandering boxes.  I think it makes a nice effect.  I definitely won't be quilting a full sized quilt this way anytime soon, but it looks great on this mini.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a finsh! Your quilting looks great for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if you can do that well, why can't I?????!
    Yours looks great! I've been straight and ditch stitching this week because of my fear of free motion! I know I'll never learn until I ruin a few good quilt tops! I just can't bring myself to do it. Good fo you! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look great! And it looks great on the table, too! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! It turned out really pretty!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes it does!!! Looks great. Love all the blue.
    Great job. You know those gloves will turn up now that you replaced them.

    ReplyDelete