December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas...a few days late!

Christmas came a few days late to our house this year.  So in belated spirit, Merry Christmas!

Our move into our new place has gone rather smoothly, but has been a lot of work.  The moving company moved all the boxes in just a few days before Christmas, so the past week has been a flurry of unpacking.  On Christmas Eve, I did manage to get a few Christmas quilts our of storage to decorate our new place.

This little wall hanging is the very first applique project I ever made and I think he is still my favorite.

I thought I would share these old projects since nothing new is going on in my new sewing space for now.  At least until the boxes are finished being unpacked.
 I love the red velvet border on this snowman panel.  It was one of my first free motion projects.


I got my  little "kitchen" tree up.  I love having a tree covered with cakes and cookies.  It puts me in the baking mood.  Last year I found the gingerbread fabric and made the little tree skirt which made it complete.  At our house at Christmas there is generally a plate of cookies beneath it, but there are none left for me to include in my picture today.


I do LOVE my Christmas present though!  Don't you love this fabulous blue cookware.  I'm making homemade lasagna sauce for our lasagna tonight!  I can't wait!  The house smells amazing and is starting to feel like home! 


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to move in to your new home in time for Christmas! Enjoy settling in. I love your blue cookware, I'm a sucker for blue and cooking, so put the two together and I'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly with the move, this will be a Christmas you will never forget! I think you did great finding even one Christmas quilt. Both are very cute, by the way, and I love the idea of cookies on the kitchen Christmas tree! Hope you find time to relax a little reall soon. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you had the Christmas spirit, the level of decorating doesn't matter. (But having a good reason to decorate so little doesn't hurt either!) I love the little kitchen tree and the wall-hangings are both really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you got to move into your new place, it will take a while to get settled but moving right before Christmas does confuse everything. Your quilts are amazing, I love the blue pot and your little tree is very cute. Hope you can get unpacked soon so you can enjoy your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tree. Love the blue cookware.
    Glad the move went smoothly, it is hard to move around Christmas time. Hope you get unpacked soon that you can sew in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Christmas to you, too;) Have fun setting up in your new place!!
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas! Your quilts and tree are delightful - it's nice to have familiar things around. Funky blue pot! I can almost smell that sauce. Mmmmm. Happy New Year! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, you are well on your way. I love the snowman wall hanging. Happy New Year.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete