Unpacking my quilting stuff sure has given me the opportunity to go through all my drawers of UFOs and fabric. It's been fun and a bit surprising to find things I had completely forgotten about.
Since Judy at Patchwork Times is sponsoring a UFO Challenge, I thought it would be a good opportunity to take inventory and join in.
Here's my list of UFOs that I hope to finish in 2011.
1. Snowman Placemats-Finish off the set of six.
2. Blue and Yellow Mystery Quilt Top
3. Pink and Brown Quilt Top
4. Twist it table topper-Not started, but should go fast.
5. Black, White and Red Quilt Top
6. 30's Buck-a-blocks
7. Americana Table Topper
8. Birdies Layer Cake Top
9. Black and bold blocks
10. Heart Table Topper
11. Squared Charms Quilt Top
12. Paper-pieced Table Runner
I am ashamed to say that I thought I didn't really have very many UFOs and that I mostly finished what I started. This was a very sad reality when I got to 12 and still had more to add to the list. I guess that makes me a true quilter, right?
Since I'm on confessions, I have to admit that I did cheat a little this month by peaking at what number January was and picking an easy project. I feel this is justified given that my sewing room is still partially in boxes from the move and I didn't want to set myself up for failure from the start.
Some of these are rather large undertakings, but it will be nice to have some accountability to finish a few projects this year. Now to get started on the challenge!
I always find that moving brings things back into light that I had forgotten about;) You'll have a great to do list to keep you motivated for the year!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
So you have more UFOs than you though. Who cares? Not one of us is going to judge you because you know we're in the same boat! And if you stick to the challenge, you'll have 12 fewer UFOs at the end of the year. Well, okay, let's be honest here...we're quilters...you'll have 12 more finished quilts by the end of the year...and probably a few new UFOs to challenge yourself with next year!
ReplyDeleteYou have a good plan for busting UFOs! It is sort of shocking when you start going thru everything and find out how many you have isn't it?? Good luck on the challenge.
ReplyDelete