
Since this week was the Friday Night Sew In, I thought it would be a good evening to curl up with my favorite new TV show "The Big Bang Theory" and work on my UFO for the month and my mystery quilt. I got the top put together for my January UFO.
I decided on the thin red border using the fabric I already had and a thicker outer blue border. In the photo I think it looks a little harsh, but in person I'm liking it. I don't have any leftover batting pieces big enough for it, so I'll have to pick up some yardage before it gets any further.
I also got to work a bit on the mystery quilt I've been working on for the last few weeks. There's still two steps left, but I got far enough to lay out a few blocks. Here's what they will look like in the end.
I can't wait to get it finished. I think this one is really fun and am already having more success than my last mystery quilt which is still sitting in a box, untouched for the last year. Hopefully by next week I'll have the entire top put together on this one.
Overall a very productive and fun night! And to think I almost decided not to quilt tonight. What was I thinking?
How can you quilt and not just sit and stare at Big Bang Theory? I love that show, too. Both quilts are looking great. I like the mystery - are those points paper pieced?
ReplyDeleteLove them both! The mystery quilt is going is coming along beautifully. I've never watched the Big Bang theory, but I hear its really funny. I'll have to tune in :) ~Christine
ReplyDeleteI really like the narrow red border! The mystery quilt pattern is one that intrigues me; I'll probably have to try that one sometime. Yours is looking great! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteGood work on your January UFO. I love the mystery quilt block. The colours and pattern are working very well together.
ReplyDeleteAwesome stars with the points. Great job on your FNSI.
ReplyDeleteAngie - http://craftedAngles.com
Like both the projects;) Looking forward to seeing the mystery quilt finished;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
How appropriate to be sewing "stars" while watching The Big Bang Theory!!! You're definately a good star maker!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love The Big Bang Theory too. It is so funny.
ReplyDeleteYour projects are looking great. You got a lot done!