Here's what they all look like put together.
I'm trying to decide what to do for a border. These are the three options I have come up with. A red border with either this red, or a 1930's red floral print, a thin red border with a wider blue outer border or just a blue border.
My goal for this month is to get the entire project quilted and binding on. My little niece turns 2 next month and is just getting into playing with dolls. I figured this would make a nice doll blanket for her birthday.
I also signed up for another Mystery Quilt class starting tomorrow. I didn't even get close to finishing my last one, but i figured getting out of the house to go quilt a little right now would be a nice relief, so I signed up.
Here are the fabrics I'm going to use. I hope it turns out looking the way I picture it in my head. I haven't had the best of luck with that recently.
What a nice assortment of patterns! I think I like the idea of a narrow red inner border, and knowing me, I'd probably use the same blue fabric for the outer border. Whatever you decide will work I'm sure. ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteYes, definitely a red border first, then maybe the blue. The red just pops out those little flowers. Your niece will love it!
ReplyDeleteLiri
I'm glad you found your quilt blocks. Moving will do that to a person, though! I like the skinny red border, but what is the other red option? I almost think the red you have there is a little too saturated for the prints in the blocks. But whatever you decide, I'm sure your niece will love it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found your "missing" project, I knew it would turn up! The fabrics are wonderful and will make a great doll blanket for your niece. It is really cute. The skinny 1930's red border with the blue that is pictured sounds perfect. Having a little girl time away from the house is a great way to relieve the moving stress, enjoy yourself!
ReplyDeleteI think the thin red border, then the blue would be pretty;) Glad you are getting out and doing some "social" quilting...I was thinking of doing the same thing...need to get out of the house and get some girl time in too;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
What great blocks -- they will make a lovely doll blanket! I, too, like the idea of a narrow red border followed by the blue.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I agree with everyone, thin red border then more blue. Your blocks are so sweet. Glad those blocks turned up. Nice to get a UFO done too.
ReplyDeleteOh beautiful! I vote for skinny red border and then the blue. :) Christine
ReplyDeleteYou've made great progress on your #6, did you go with the skinny red border? Hope your mystery class went well. I love a good mystery quilt!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Dionne