April 15, 2011

Friday Night Sew In...The Dreaded UFO

I've been a little hesitant to mention my UFO for the month of April, but since it is half way though the month and tonight is the Friday Night Sew In, well I figured it was time to tackle it.

Handmade by Heidi


My UFO for the month is another attempt at the Lil' Twister tool.  My last attempt didn't quite work out the way I wanted.  Unfortunately at the time I bought the fabric for the first one, I also bought the fabric for a second.  With what I have learned I would not have bought this fabric for the second one quite the same way, but too late now. 

The fabric I have is a charm pack of 1930's prints, and a white and purple background.  I think that for the Lil' Twister to really stand out it needs more distinction in color and/or tone than this charm pack has.  So, after some recalculation I think instead of a table topper I will be shrinking the project down to this table runner, only using some of the fabrics.  Hopefully this time it will turn out as I am picturing in my head.  Wish me luck!



5 comments:

  1. The fabrics are pretty but I can see where more contrast is probably better. Have fun with it and consider it a learning experience. Be sure to show us how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume those are the fabrics in the picture. The red will pop. Maybe if you added one more color like yellow? Still want to see the finished product.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fabrics, but agree that contrast is key. I've got the big and the little twister templates, but haven't used them yet, so I'm going to learn from your mistakes - and hope this one is more of a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally botched my first attempt at the little twister. Once I figured it all out I made a small table topper. I really love the way it ends up. I ordered the large ruler too cause I really want to make a big quilt.
    I agree that you need lots of contrast for the 'twists' to really work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric selections often give me fits too! Chalk it to experience and move on. I'll bet you will come to love it anyway! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete