June 8, 2012

Almost done!


Today is not Wednesday, it's Friday.  I didn't get this project done in time to turn in on Wednesday, but I did get the borders on today.  I should get it finished up tonight at the local quilt shop and get it turned in before voting starts tomorrow.

I decided to quilt it with just a simple grid pattern rather than tie it.

The quilt does not look nearly so busy in person as it does in this tiny picture.  I actually really like it, which surprises me since I didn't think I was going to.










For some reason this quilt reminds me of space.  It might be the stars or maybe the fact that the twisted blocks remind me of satellites, but it's all I can think of when I see it.  On that note, here's the fabric I found for the back.  I think this will make a cute quilt for some little boy.  Now to get it finished up!

7 comments:

  1. I totally get the space-look, too. And that fabric is too cute. Crazy little aliens... I really like the quilt, busy or not. Good luck on the voting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border is a great finish, and I'm not surprised that you like it! I certainly do! I have no doubt you'll have everything finished by bedtime tonight! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that backing fabric. Hope you get it all done for voting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really cute! I love the space fabric for the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a terrific effect that pattern/ fabric makes! I can see why it makes you think of space. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes! The little picture kinda makes my eyes go wiggly, LOL!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, perfect backing fabric! How's the quilting going? Yep, some little boy will surely love this one!

    ReplyDelete