I finished the quilt from my last post. I took it to sewing Friday night and got it finished all up, binding included. I think it turned out great and I'll find pictures this week and share them.
That night I came home late. It was around 11pm and my husband had gotten home only a few minutes earlier. We headed straight for bed, but on a whim I decided to run and grab something from the living room. I walked into the room and went squish.
Since we live in a condo complex, the pipes which all run in the concrete slab foundation are actually the responsibility of the homeowners association. Their solution is not to fix the one broken pipe, but to replace all the pipes in the entire condo unit through the walls and ceilings. By Monday morning they were here ripping all our walls and ceilings apart and we were displaced for three weeks.
The walls and ceilings looked like this. Let me tell you, drywall dust is horrible, and I think I will still be cleaning it up a month from now, but we are finally all back together with new plumbing.
We were moved back in last week just in time to get a quick visit from my sister and her family, followed by a visit from my husband's mom, brother and brother's girlfriend. It's been crazy!
In the mean time, I haven't been sewing. I haven't been doing much of anything, but I am determined to change that tonight. I finally have the house to myself for a night, a large glass of wine, a date with my sewing machine and a new project! I can't wait to have some time this weekend to catch up on what everyone else has been working on.
oh no! at least your HOA/CA moved fast on that!I am looking at condos and some associations are not that good! glad you're home, enjoy the wine and stiting time!
ReplyDeleteYikes! That doesn't sound like any fun. Did you have to foot the bill for being homeless for those three weeks? I'm glad to hear everything is back together, so enjoy that wine and get back to sewing this weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh dear! At least you weren't on the hook financially for the re-plumbing, but I'm sure it was a very inconvenient few weeks! Enjoy your sewing date, you've earned it!
ReplyDeleteI think maybe I told you something similar happened to my son's house a while back. NOT fun! Hope your life will soon be back to normal (whatever that is *wink*)! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteLeaky pipes, water leaks, floods, all aweful. Glad that everything is fixed and you are back home. Enjoy the quiet and some sewing time.
ReplyDeleteHoly Smokes! A little over-kill, maybe? lol! Far better that, though, than a sluggish and inadequate response. What a nasty feeling it is to walk into a room and feel the carpet go "squish".
ReplyDelete