January 8, 2012

New Pincushions

I found this pattern in the Jan/Feb Issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting and decided to give it a try.



Look how cute they turned out!  I made the first one up in under an hour, so I decided to make a second one for my MIL.  They are only about 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" in size.  I love them!

Someone told me I couldn't use them as I would be defacing the flag.  Please don't be offended that I'm going to use it anyway!  There are several more pincushion patterns in this issue of Love of Quilting and if you are looking to make up a new pattern you might want to check it out.

6 comments:

  1. I think they are very cute! Defacing the flag? Not at all. The flag was stitched by a quilter!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about the defacing the flag idea, but I agree with you - use it! They're really cute and I'll bet your mother-in-law will be thrilled to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute! Rather than use them for pin cushions, I'd probably have them sitting around different places, such as a window sill, or a table. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't an actual flag, so you aren't defacing a flag. It is a pincushion that looks similar to a flag. It doesn't have the right number of stars or stripes to be the american flag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since it's not a real American flag only a representation then I can't see how you could be defacing the flag. I think they are delightful. I'm always looking for pincushion patterns so I can't wait for that issue to land here. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are so cute! I agree with everyone's comments about them not being an actual flag. Use it, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete