I do love making monthly resolutions. I feel so much better if I blow one month and can immediately focus on a new resolution for a new month and pass by what I didn't get done the month before. They say that it takes 21 days to start a new habit, so if I'm good about my monthly resolution, by the end of the month I should have a new habit, right?
My goal for January is to get to the gym more. I'm aiming for three times a week, but will feel like I succeeded if I make it 10 times.
I love that Judy at Patchwork Times started the UFO Challenge for 2011. It's great to have the feeling of accomplishment. Especially on projects I had set aside and meant to finish, but never got around to.
1. Snowman Placemats -Done!

5. Black, White and Red Quilt Top - Done! (Except for finding border fabric, which is turning out to be quite a challenge itself.)6. 30's Buck-a-block - Done!
12. Paper-pieced Table Runner - Top Done!
There are four UFO's I didn't get finished. In fact I didn't even start these, so these will be the start of my 2012 UFO list.
3. Pink and Brown Quilt Top
7. Americana Table Topper
9. Black and Bold Blocks
11. Squared Charms Quilt Top
I spent a day this last week pulling all the stuff out of my quilting closet and organizing. I have way more UFOs than I would like to admit. So, the 2012 UFO list is to come shortly.
I don't make resolutions either, except to sew more! You have some wonderful finishes and some nice things to work on this year!
ReplyDeleteHooray for your finishes! You did very well. I don't make resolutions either. I am going to try and keep up with Katie this year, LOL.
ReplyDeleteLiri
I don't make real resolutions either, but I do like to make lists of what I'd like to get done during the year. Some years, I have listed them by month so I'm not overwhelmed. Then as I accomplish the goal, I mark through it. I looked through last year's list, and I did very poorly! Terrible, in fact! I hope to do better --- on that same list this year. If today is any indication, it's not all going to get done this year either! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteResolutions and I are not so good, so I just don't bother either. Good job on the finishes - you got a lot done! I look forward to seeing the 2012 list.
ReplyDeleteGave up making resolutions long ago. Now I just make lists - which I *forget* to follow. I blame old age and a bad memory. Works for me. You have finished some terrific projects and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress in 2012. Happy New Year! ann :-)
ReplyDeleteYou crossed a respectable number of UFO's off the list. Good for you!
ReplyDelete