Finished it is about 11.5 inches. I think this is the smallest quilt I have ever made. I thought that having such small paper pieced blocks would make this overly challenging, but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't turn out being overly difficult. The hardest part was just the areas where the blocks came together to lie flat. There's one area where there is about 10 layers of fabric coming together, but it lays fairly flat. I didn't do much quilting because of the amount of fabric layers, just some simple shadow quilting around the pinwheels and stitching in ditch around the borders.
For those of you who haven't read my previous posts on this particular quilt, it is part of the Color Palate Challenge that Judy Laquidara and Vicki Welsh are sponsoring. You can read more about this months color palate and the challenge here. I can't wait to see what next months palate will be. I have a feeling I will be sewing a lot of little quilts this year!
I'm still working on this month's UFO, but getting close to getting it done (which is good because I'm almost out of time!)
Very pretty! I think the blue bits have a stained glass look about them.
ReplyDeleteThat's really pretty;) I have always enjoyed paper piecing. I like its new home;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
How lovely your little quilt looks with your Delft pottery! Just the perfect accent to complete the display! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteIt's simply gorgeous! I really must give paper piecing a try. Can't wait to see what you make next. ann :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's so pretty! I love the blue stars - they just pop with the colors you've chosen. And I can't believe how tiny it is, but you've done a wonderful job. Congrats on the finish! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with to complete the color challenges this year.
ReplyDeleteI just love this mini. :) The colors are right up my alley.
ReplyDeleteGreat little quilt!! I love how the blues really frame your pinwheels. Looks good on the table.
ReplyDeleteThat turned out beautifully! You were really up to the "challenge".
ReplyDeleteLiri
This is lovely and it goes perfectly on your table :)
ReplyDeleteIt turned out so cute and I love the size of it. Very "do-able"!
ReplyDeleteI love the looks of your piece and the size of it is very "do-able".
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little quilt!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!
ReplyDelete