January 31, 2012

The Blocks!


I promised to post pictures of the finished blocks, so here they are.  I like the way they turned out, although if I had to do it again, I might pick out fabrics that coordinated a little more than just using my leftover scraps.  They are fun, even if they don't coordinate as much as I would like.

They are all "double sided" with a different letter on the back, so they also can spell other words.  Here's a few examples.

I sure hope Josephina (Fini) loves them!






That's my first UFO of the year done.  I'm so anxious to see what project is next.  (I even started working ahead on one, but who's telling??)

12 comments:

  1. I wouldn't change a thing about them, certainly not to "coordinate" the colors. They turned out beautifully and I think they "coordinate" just fine. Josphina is going to love them.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used scraps. If they were coordinated better, there would be less variety and I'll bet her young eyes will love the differences. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I think the scraps worked really well for these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! A finish! The blocks are so cute and what a great idea. You did a wonderful job on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just know that little Fini will enjoy many learning experiences from those darling little blocks! They look great! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Congrats on a finish.... Or could you count each one as an individual finish? What a great way to start the year! I do love the blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fina will have such fun with these. They look fantastic! ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! I like that you used your scraps. The colors look great. I bet they will be loved and played with (and chewed on) for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them "scrappy" too! Brighter and more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how fun - love the concept and the colors. Beautiful finish. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project. Scrappy is best!

    ReplyDelete