January 20, 2012

Fini's Blocks (January UFO)

I realized that it is two thirds of the way through the month and I still haven't shared my UFO project for the month.  That does not make it look good for it actually getting completed, but I'm working at it slowly.

At the beginning of last month one of my roommates from college had a baby girl.  Since I was a little busy with the holidays, I just wasn't on top of getting a gift done for her.  I haven't been very good about getting baby quilts done recently, and in this case I knew they had made blocks for a quilt at her baby shower over the summer, so I didn't want to send her a quilt.  I found the pattern for these "Soft Baby Blocks" on the All People Quilt website and decided that they were a winner.

I'm making sure the blocks spell out her name (Josephine), but the back of the blocks have other letters so they can spell their last name, mom, dad, love and I'm sure a variety of other words.  Originally I had planned to do only 10 blocks, but since they have started calling her Fini, I decided I needed to add an extra one with the letter F (not part of my original letter selection).

It is rainy and cold here today.  So thankful as this is our "rainy" season and this is the first rain we have had since Halloween.  I had the afternoon off, and it is perfect quilting weather, so I sat down and got the first four done.  (Well almost, I have to get the last seam hand sewn up, but that should be easy.)  I'm hoping that the last seam helps them sit a little flatter as well.

Tonight is also the Friday Night Sew In, so I'm hoping to keep at it and get a few more done before I turn in for the night.  All but two of the applique blocks are done, so it's mostly just a matter of getting them sewn into block form.

3 comments:

  1. They look terrific! What a super gift for baby. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are so-o-o-o cute! How big are they? Mom and baby are sure to love them! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cute. Keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete