January 7, 2012

I've been procrastinating...2012 UFO's

I've been procrastinating, but not because I can't find any UFOs to work on this year.  Rather, the problem is that I can't decide which ones I want to work on this year.  I have a lot.  Over the holiday break I went through and organized my drawer with projects in the works.  I put all the materials together for each project and placed them in a box or bag.  A good start right?

I can't believe how many projects I found.  Some I had completely forgotten about.  Others I still really want to get done.  After some thought I've settled on a list.




1. Pink and Brown Quilt Top- This was on last year's list and I got further, but I still really want to finish it.


2. Americana Table Topper - The top is finished.  I really want to get it quilted and binding on!


3 & 4: Black and Bold Blocks-   I put these on last year's list as one item.  I didn't even start on it since it seemed so overwhelming.    This year I'm going to break it down into two months.  There are five blocks to finish, so the first month I will get three down and the second will be the last two and joining the quilt top.  

5. Baby Blocks- I'm cheating and sneaking this one in at number 5 since that is the current months project. I started these fabric baby blocks for my friend's newborn last month.  I really want to force myself to get them done this month, so they are number 5.

6. Squared Charms Quilt Top-  Another old project that I didn't get to last year.  Here's to attempt number two.

7.  Snap Sack-  I picked up this mini quilt on a shop hop last year.  It should be a quick and easy project to get done.

8.  Picnic Blanket-  This was one of my first blog posts.  I started on it and then moved on before I got the borders on.  I'd like to get it finished up. 

9. Batik Bargello-  I started this years ago when bargello quilts became very popular around here.  Not having a book, I made it up as I went.  At the time, I had a plan.  I'd like to see if I can finish it into something.

10.  Sunflower Applique- I picked up the fabric for this years ago.  I put some work into it, but it still has lots of machine applique work to go.

11.  Fall Table Topper- Another started and not finished project.

12.  Snow Days Wall Hanging-  This pattern is for a full sized quilt, but our store worked it up in a little four patch wall hanging that I fell in love with.  This one isn't started.  I started cutting the fabric for it in December, but really want to get it together!

So that's the list.  Now to get cracking on it!

6 comments:

  1. Reward yourself! For each UFO you finish on time, promise yourself a movie, dinner, a night out with the girls or (LOL) more fabric!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, get crackin'! It's a great list. I remember a couple of them and look forward to seeing your progress on ALL of them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan. I find having a deadline or a list really helps me get things accomplished. I can't wait to see some finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you've set yourself up with a challenging year of quilting! There won't be much time for new projects, will there? *grin* But you'll feel great to get them done I'm sure! I need to do the same thing! Have fun! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty projects. I seem to have that same problem...start out strong then get distracted by another project. LOL.
    You can get your UFOs finished. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the way to do it and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal this way. Besides, they are terrific projects. Happy Stitching! ann :-)

    ReplyDelete