January 29, 2012

Pink and Paisley

I've had a productive month.  Remember this fabric that I loved so much?

Well, I've been working on the quilt on Friday nights at my LQS.  We've developed quite a fun little group that comes and sews most Friday nights.  I never remember to take my camera, so I haven't been posting any status reports, but Friday night I got the top finished.  Borders and all!
It turned out a lot more pink than I had truly anticipated, but I think it will make a great quilt for the right little girl.  It's hard to tell from this picture because it's so sunny out today, but the turquoise fabric I used was graduated from light to dark.  You can really see it in the borders, but if you look close, you can also see the squares at the bottom left are the lightest and the top right are the darkest.  I think it's a fun element.  The pattern is called Stepping Stones from the book Pick Four by Sue Abrey.  The book has a lot of patterns I like, all using only four fabrics.

I also got my little UFO blocks finished up, but I haven't dug them out of my sewing bag yet, so I'll post about them later.  Probably tonight or tomorrow.

I've now completed my UFO project for the month, the Color Palette challenge and this quilt, which means I have nothing else to keep myself busy with.  Can I wait until Wednesday for Judy to post the UFO for February, or should I let myself start on something new?  Oh, decisions!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a cute quilt, I love the colors and the pattern! I find myself needing to work on one project but want to start a new one instead. Go ahead and start on something new, you can never have too much fun! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start on something new!!! hahahaha :D That's a no-brainer. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great! Good for you finishing all the projects for this month. Maybe work ahead on another UFO instead of starting something new?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out. Go on! Get Wild! Start something new,LOL!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, come on; start something new! The paisley fabric worked perfectly for your quilt; really nice! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous quilt! How well does that paisley border fabric work! You could always toss a coin. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that pattern you used was fabulous for that print;) Good stuff;) Finding a group that is fun to work with is always inspiring;)
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete